Are you ready for Mother’s Day in just a few days? Or, perhaps you haven’t been able to come up with that perfect gift to give her? Let me help you out with some rad ideas!!
Growing up, my mum was always insisting on the same gift each Mother’s Day and still continues to request it. TIME. Whether it be time spent on making her a homemade card, or figuring out something fun for us to do together, she always appreciated when we would put in some extra thought into our gifts for her. Sometimes we would take her out to her favorite place to eat and shower her with homemade cards. Other times, we would sit and watch whatever movie she wanted to see and indulge in her favorite treats together.
Now that I’m a mum, I completely understand why she always requested our time as a gift. Being a mum is busy work! It seems like my list of to-dos is never-ending, and really, sometimes I just want to sit with my family and enjoy being with them without worrying about things that need to be done. A card with a thoughtful message in it easily warms my heart and makes me feel appreciated. Top that off with my favorite treats or food…what a perfect Mother’s Day Gift (hint hint Ara..haha)
Some other heart-felt gifts that might make your mum feel appreciated and loved are:
- A personalized MadeByMary necklace with a special date or name on it! (I have one with Kana’s birthday on it that I LOVE!)
- A family photoshoot!! This is always sure to be a hit, mums love to capture moments, especially when their littles are still little 🙂 (If you’re anything like me, you’re always behind the camera, so to be in the photos with your family is such a treat) (Also, if you live in Utah, hit me up for a special deal on Mother’s Day Photoshoots!)
- A spa day at home! Set up a nice relaxing bath for her, then the kids can paint her nails or give her a nice foot massage while dad applies a hydrating face mask..you could really get creative here 🙂
- Leave little love notes all over the house for Mum to find accompanied with some sweet treats! This could be super fun for your kids, or be super romantic from your hubby!
- Set up a fun-filled and tasty picnic. Now that spring has finally sprung, use that nice weather for a groovy picnic outside!!
These are just a few of my ideas, feel free to comment with other great gift ideas or forward this to your family for some guidance or to hint at what you want!! I hope that you mums enjoy your special day and get showered with love and laughs! You all deserve it!!
Happy Mother’s Day